Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

On boredom, and Veronica Mars

Actually, let's discuss Veronica Mars (or, as I like to call it in my head, V. Ma) first. The new season (season 3) premiered last night and it was long-awaited. I had to wrestle the remote control out of Dave's hands. He was sleeping and had some kind of crazy death grip on it. In the process of fighting with him for it, we woke up Lorien. Waking up Lorien is pretty much as dangerous as waking up a hibernating bear, and is usually something I go out of my way to avoid. However, this is V. Ma we're talking about. I won't risk life and limb for much, but I will for that show.

So. I have to admit, I'm a bit rusty on the nuances of last season. For those who haven't watched it, the show is pretty complicated at times and it's difficult to understand what's going on if you haven't been paying close attention. I think I finished season 2 in May, so it's been a while. I was a bit confused by the plot line involving Veronica's father, but that didn't bother me. I was pleased just to watch Logan (those arms!) be his sexy self (and Veronica be her sexy self, for that matter. She's a hottie!). Soooo glad it's back on...

And, on to boredom. I was sitting in one of my classes yesterday morning and I was bored almost literally to tears. Or death. I think that I was seconds away from stabbing myself with my pen. I brought a non-school book, and read that. I knitted. I drank coffee. Did any of those things relieve the pain? HELL NO. It was so awful that it put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day AND made me skip my afternoon class to go to the darkroom, where problems cease to exist.

Last night, I was talking complaining to my father about the presence of boring classes in my life and how my tolerance for boredom is pretty low. Like, there's not much I hate more than having my time wasted; waiting in line, sitting through class, traffic jams--all of these sort of inevitables of modern life drive me freakin' crazy. I wasn't there when they handed out patience. (Couldn't be bothered to wait in line... Ba dum chhh!)

So, anyway, my dad was like, "Well, do you need to attend the lectures? If you're not learning anything, I don't see why you'd need to go to class." This coming from a professor. It's like being given a "please excuse Tasha" note for all of the classes, past, present, and future, that I have ever and will ever skip. There's that phrase, "Work smart, not hard." I definitely have not been working smart. If I genuinely do not need to attend class to learn what I need to learn, why bother going? I could use that time to sleep in. Or do homework. Or go to work. Or the darkroom. Or whatever.

Thanks, dad!

5 Comments:

  • i guess you should use a boyfriend for that. Or any kind of sane adult male for that matter ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

  • Use a boyfriend for what?

    By Blogger Tasha, at 9:20 PM  

  • That's awesome! I think I love your dad.

    By Anonymous Stephanie, at 10:30 PM  

  • Wow. Now I feel bad that I made you go to class. However, don't you think that the professor is kind of adorable?

    By Blogger heather., at 11:46 PM  

  • So apparently, anonymous dude thinks your dad is your boyfriend. Did I get that right? hahahaha. I wonder if that's the same anonymous who asked for the "executive summary". Anyways, I am excited to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight. SO EXCITED!!!

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home