Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Monday, September 18, 2006

Treasures

So, this weekend I went to the Clothing Show with Alli, Kristen, Heather, and Lorien. It was fabulous. There were a lot of indie designers who sell their stuff on Queen West, but the prices at the show were significantly lower than Queen Street. There were also crafters, particularly jewelry crafters, who were displaying handmade items. It was really cool. I bought a tank top (not pictured cause I'm lazy). This bag was one of my favorite things at the show(note: I might be in love with this bag--it's made of cotton, is reversible, and is machine washable. It comes with two straps for different looks. What's not to love?):

The bag is by Bootyfly Bags. I was talking to the guy at the booth and he said that they are based in Alberta and this is their first foray into the wonderful world of Ontario. Their stuff is really cute.

Right before we left, I found these really cool zip-up cardigans, by Embody clothing. I love the asymmetrical look of this, and the funky polyester '70s cuffs:

There were a lot of other cool things at the booth, and I wish I'd paid closer attention to the crop tops/shrugs (check out the link to the website).

And, last but not least, check out the progress on my raglan sleeve knit-in-the-round sweater:

Close up of the sleeve shaping:

I stuck my arm into one of the sleeves and it's gonna be too short. I have two options: 1) take out the cuff and knit a few more inches, which sounds easy but would actually be a pain in the ass cause I'd be knitting down instead of up; or 2) tell people it's supposed to be the new style--the 7/8 length sleeve (instead of the 3/4 sleeve). I'm not sure which option is more appealing. I'm a bit reluctant to wuss out, cause I really like this sweater, but on the other hand, I wanna wear it already!

3 Comments:

  • Your sweater looks great! I would like to add that it looks better in person than on the internet. The colours are definitely more vibrant. That's annoying about the sleeves. If you decide to take out the bottom of the sleeves and work backwards (if you can do that...) then I would suggest starting the cuff pattern (ribbing?) from where you begin knitting. Then the fact that your stitches are upside down won't be obvious or that weird.

    Yes, the clothing show was totally cool. I am going to wear one of the shirts I bought there today. YAY!

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 10:42 AM  

  • cool cloths. Just undo the sleeve and do it right. It would bug you if you didn't.

    By Blogger Aundra, at 12:28 PM  

  • i looked at the website for embody and my friend totally bought the Audrey Jacket at the last clothing show - another purchase i definitely approved of...i love the off-center zippers and portrait-ish necklines.

    also, cool blog - i'll be checking back when i'm not having way too much fun with FIS readings...

    By Blogger Fitz, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home