Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Once again, class time provides a good opportunity to write out a blog post. This time, I'm sitting in Technical Services, which could be good or could be too basic. I mean, I sincerely hope I don't end up "learning" how to affix labels to the spines of books. I hate the beginning of term class shuffle.

Anyway, I'm sure that no one but me cares about this. Moving on.

I don't really have anything exciting to say or report. I signed up for a step aerobics class that meets tonight, but due to a laundry complication, I won't be able to attend. However, I ate muesli with blueberries for breakfast, so I figure that pretty much counts as working out, particularly if I have sushi for dinner. When I mentioned this concept to Heather, she pointed out that by eating Fiber 1 for breakfast she'd practically run a marathon. Everyone knows that if two girls agree on something, it's pretty much true, so having already done my exercise for the day (<--ha! as if I exercise daily), I'm not gonna feel guilty about doing laundry tonight.

In other developments, several friends have pointed out that perhaps I'm being too hard on boy. Is it inconceivable that he was busy and couldn't call? they ask. To that, I say, "Let's revisit He's Just Not That Into You." In its almighty wisdom, it points out that boys (guys, men, whatever) cannot simultaneously be the rulers of the world and be incapable of calling their girlfriends. That's what I am, folks--a girlfriend, one who believes that a phone call, particularly a returning-you-call phone call, isn't too much to ask. So, I guess my feeling is that there are some mixed messages being sent my way from this guy:
*According to him on Saturday, I am his number one priority
*Phone calls on Monday and Tuesday
*Avoidance on Monday of the question, "When will I see you again?"
*When pressed for an answer on Tuesday to above question, a "party" on Saturday night is produced and an invitation is extended (the word party is in quotation marks because it's not exactly a raging kegger to which I was [half-heartedly?] invited)
*Yesterday's email and phone call went unreturned
Confusing? You betcha.

Meanwhile, Aundra is all a-flutter over a new guy, which is cool and great for her. Unfortunately, when we spoke last night, I advised her--with maybe a touch of bitterness in my voice--to not expect the mutual enthusiasm to last. For that, I apologize--it wasn't very cool for me to project my woes onto her. And yes, I am well aware, having been informed of it twice in the past few days, that I could've been the fifth main character on Seinfeld.

Over and out, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home