Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Observations at 8:39 am

1. My iPod must have been set on "awesome" this morning cause it played only great songs, and only great songs that I was in the mood for. Sometimes I want mopey and whiny; sometimes I want rockin' and raunchy. This morning I was in the latter mood, and I got Led Zeppelin and Guns n Roses. What more could a girl ask for?

2. A girl could ask for NO KEENERS, is what a girl could ask for. I'd like to report that at an ungodly hour (this one) there are 10 people here that I can see. There were four people waiting for me to open at 8. 8 am. No one I know would even remotely consider being here at that hour. Most of my friends are happy when they make it to class, let alone the library. What is wrong with these first year students? I'm not ok with the bar being set super high.

3. I am wearing the red sweater that I made last year, the one with the komodo dragon collar. It's only like the third time I've worn it, cause it's either too hot or too cold out to wear it properly, and with its crazy sleeves and collar I can't wear it under stuff easily. I loooove this time of year--the air is crisp and the leaves are just starting to change, but there's none of the hopelessness of winter with its barren trees and gun-metal skies.

4. Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something by sending me a string of non-relationships. Maybe it's telling me that I'm not going to remain in Toronto, the way I didn't remain in Portland or Miami. Not that boys are the only reason to live somewhere, but they're a damn good one. Maybe the universe is telling me that I need to go to a windswept island (Scotland, perhaps?) and meet a windswept island man and have lots of dogs. Even if I don't meet a windswept island man, I can still live on a windswept island, right?

2 Comments:

  • The universe is not telling you anything. However, that's no reason to miss a trip to a windswept island. If you end up going, I expect I shall be jealous.

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 8:16 PM  

  • #1: Hi Lorien!! I'm serious, you really do look like Keira Knightley in Love Actually.

    #2: C'mon, Portland & Miami are beat. Think NY. Or Boston, that's close, too. Of course, I am tremendously biased.

    By Blogger McGeekan, at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home