Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"Spring Garden"? "Monet's Lillies"? Or, perhaps, "green and blue and kinda pink yarn"

I'm not here to talk about how it's 36 degrees Celsius/100 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. Or about how it was 34 degrees Celsius/96 degrees Fahrenheit at 8 o'clock this morning. (It did register this on a thermometer on the side of a building that was in the direct sunlight, but as one of my library school friends said, "We're in the direct sunlight too," thus meaning that the thermometer reading was indeed accurate.)

I'm not here to talk about how I can confirm that head does rise--I live in an un-air conditioned attic apartment and holy crap, it's hot. I'm not here to talk about how I had to pour a cup of water on my head last night so that I could cool down enough to sleep. I'm not here to talk about how even my bedclothes are boiling hot.

No, I'm here to talk about--and show--the results of my Sunday re-dyeing experiment.

On Sunday, I dyed inside. I didn't want to deal with the wind again, and I figured that if I was careful with the dye it wasn't a big deal to work inside. Plus, that way I got to listen to music and have a fan trained on me at all times.

I used a mix of turquoise, blue, and yellow to get the dark green tones, and a mix of turquoise and yellow for the blue.

Here's the before:



Here's the during:



And here are the afters:



3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Aundra, at 10:47 PM  

  • looks cool - i love your craftiness

    By Blogger akd, at 10:31 AM  

  • I like it. The after is better. For some reason I thought you were dyeing raw wool not spun wool. Who knows what goes on in my head, espeshally when i'm sick.

    By Blogger Aundra, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home