Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Best weekend ever

You know how great it feels to see a really good friend after not having seen them for a long time? And how the absence hasn't forced the two of you any further apart emotionally? And how it's totally possible to absolutely know that you're going to have a wonderful time with them without having to hope for it? That was my weekend.

Aundra and I have been friends since freshman year of college but didn't get super-close until our junior year. We'd been close at the end of our freshman year and the beginning of our sophomore year (second year for you Canadians), but a series of unfortunate boy-related circumstances--and one rather doubtful living situation--eroded our friendship. A couple of weird betrayals by a friend and a rainy Sunday knitting session later, we were back in business, and we really haven't quit since. Sometimes I don't even know how two totally different people are such good friends, but we manage to make it work.

Anyway, this weekend was crazy fun. Friday night was our only really debaucherous night but damn, it felt good. I'm not gonna mention any names, but suffice it to say that Aundra, Stephanie and I had a great time. Liquor-stealing, picking up boys, getting yelled at by bitchy Amazons, befriending a bachelorette, getting kicked out of the bar... all in a night's work. The boys in question were ex-Army guys, hotties all and delightfully tattooed. Since you asked so nicely, I'll tell you a charming story about the run-in with the Amazon.

My guy, Pete, and I had left our group's spot by the bar to go somewhere and make out (me: "Do you wanna make out with me or Aundra? Cause if you wanna make out with her, why are you talking to me?" Him: "No, I wanna make out with you. Let's go.") We'd found a spot by the stairs and were making good use of it when Aundra came bounding up. Someone, either her or Pete, gave me a flower which I put in my hair. I think that Aundra and I probably hugged or something, and I accidentally bumped into the 8-foot-tall brunette Amazon standing next to me. She gave me a withering stare.

Me: Can I help you?

Her: You touched my back.

[Me, thinking: Um, hi? Were you somehow under the impression that bars are barren of people? When I think of a bar on a Friday night near a university, I don't exactly assume three feet of personal space at all times. And shit, it's not like I grabbed your breasts or something.]

Me, my voice dripping with sarcasm: Ohhhhhh. I'm so sorry.

Her: Nice flower.

Ok. If you're going to be an uber-bitch and get pissed at someone for bumping into you in a bar, you might want to think of more insulting comments than that. I just smiled and said as perkily as I know how, "Thanks! Glad you like it!" Pete then dragged me back over to the bar cause she was scary tall and he didn't want to watch me die at the hands of a mutant.

Anyway, it was a great night and a great weekend. I was really sad to say goodbye to Aundra today, cause it's been a year since we've seen each other. It's tough when your best friend lives on the other side of the country. Or I suppose now it's continent.

4 Comments:

  • I totally didn't know you asked him if he wanted to make out with you or me... dude! That's f-ing AWSOME! We were both in PRIME form... damn hottie tattoed army canadians! It was an awsome time... so different yet we're as sweet as a fucking Oreo all opposites yet so good when dunked in milk or steeling liquer from the bar... I'm tiered but I had a good time... A year never felt so short! But next time we can't go so long.

    By Blogger Aundra, at 1:22 AM  

  • damn it, i am pretty sure i blew pretty much only chance to get into a girl fight...i'll never stop wishing i had gone!

    By Blogger al, at 12:38 PM  

  • Oooh I had fun too! Don't forget about getting flashed by a scary, very tattooed boy- yuck-haha. What happened after we split up on Friday??? :)

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 1:59 PM  

  • Lots of fun stuff happened after we parted ways! I'll tell you more about it in person ;)

    By Blogger Tasha, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home