Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Thursday, July 13, 2006

WTF?

Ok, so I have a confession to make. I'm trying online dating. I know, I know, it's lame. And I swore I'd never do it, but after hearing from a coworker that she met her fiancee online, I signed up for it.

[Here's where I explain how LL works. Signing up is free, as is sending and receiving "smiles," which basically just let people know that something about them has caught your eye. If you want to make IM or e-mail contact with that person, however, you have to buy credits.]

LL seems to attract mainly gym-bound yuppies. Now, I'm not exactly looking for someone who's obese and unemployed, but I'm just not a gym rat. I walk, I eat well, that's enough for me. I hate running and just don't care enough to do sit ups or lift weights or whatever. Additionally, while I'd like to meet someone who has a decent job that they enjoy, salaries don't matter to me. I don't need or even want to date someone who's so concerned with his career that he has no time for me.

So, while LL may not be the perfect place for me to meet my kind of guy, I really don't have the time or money to hang out at emo shows or the architecture and design faculty or whatever. Plus, having to guess someone's sexual orientation annoys me, as I don't really like barking up the wrong tree.

I have definitely received plenty of smiles from people I have no attraction to and no interest in, but for the most part,they seem harmless and decent enough. It's a simple issue of compatibility.

Today, though, I received a smile from this gem.
First, he writes, "Anyone who needs things like foundation and other touch-ups to look really good must realize the irony in someone drooling over their "looks". It is a fact that in the animal kingdom the males are naturally more beautiful than the females. So by connecting the dots it must seem obvious the implications of that and therefore, who should be pining for who?"

It gets better.

Here's this:
"Personally, I take pride in my "chauvinistic" abilities to see all this stuff. Even more so when someone gets upset over it and gets their beliefs handed to them in pieces."

Next, he commiserates with those who really get it, those who have seen and understood the need to "go with the flow," and counsels these kindred spirits to not let it get them down: "Let the haters hate."

This is my favorite part, however:
"If you've ever had that feeling of "missing out" and never want to go through that again, then we might have something to talk about..."

And here's the clincher:
"PS. Since I don't have any credits you will have to message me."

Uh huh. Yeah, I'll get right on that, you fabulous catch of a man.

7 Comments:

  • Umm...clearly when I get back we will be going to emo shows and hanging out at the architecture faculty. And I happen to melt for boys whose sexuality is ambiguous. Common, Tasha, if you don't do it with me, who will? Plus, you can get the boys who like blondes and I will get the boys who like brunettes...

    By Blogger heather., at 9:25 PM  

  • T Dizzle - he sounds wonderful! Run! Run after him and don't let go!!!

    Ughhhh.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 2:53 PM  

  • does it not sound like something the silver bullet would write?

    some jerky comment to get under people's skin.

    By Blogger akd, at 5:02 PM  

  • I have one word for the whole thing... WHY? why do you/I give a fuck about this guys "ideas" dude online dating shouldn't be so intence. Maybe I'm bitter because none of the guys who "smile" at me on my online dating account seem to be even close to what I want... does that say something about the guys online or my profile?

    By Blogger Aundra, at 8:01 PM  

  • Definitely the guys online. I just sort of take it as further evidence that i am such a fabulous person that it's difficult for me to find cool guys.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 9:58 PM  

  • i sort of want to try online dating.

    By Blogger McGeekan, at 1:41 PM  

  • princess, you so should. it's fun.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home