Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, July 16, 2006

I am 25 going on 70. This weekend, all I did was knit. And spin. I did go to a friend's house last night, but by 10:30 and after two beers, I was tired and ready to go home. The streetcar and the Spadina subway station were filled with people my age, all dressed up for a night out, which clearly had not yet begun when I was making my way home. I was in bed by midnight. Sometimes, I feel really lame for these lazy weekends. I was pretty busy last weekend which I suppose makes up for this one, but still.

Anyway, I finished spinning half of a batt of Corriedale today. I didn't ply it cause I want to knit a scarf using a twisted single, as shown in the Spring 2006 Spin-Off.
Here's the yarn on my niddy noddy:


Yeah, I have a PVC niddy noddy. Sorry that it's not burnished wood or whatever, but for a couple of bucks at the hardware store, this one suits me just fine.

Here's a sort-of close-up of the yarn. I wanted to show off the colors but my camera battery died before I could take a billion pictures. (So I could have just changed batteries, as I was home, but I didn't. Oh well.)

2 Comments:

  • It actually makes for a pretty neat photo. i think you should start using yarn and wool and all your knitting textures to make some artsy photos.

    did you take the one that is now your header? i like it, whether its yours or not.

    By Blogger al, at 12:13 PM  

  • yeah i took it. i've definitely thought about combining photography and knitting before, but i wouldn't be able to use my digital camera for that; it's not good enough.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home