Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Block party

I somehow managed to finish both the front and the back of the Pistachio Aran and block them. At the same time. Side by side. I watched Lorien block something the other night, and she was soooo precise. Every movement was painstaking, every pin was deliberately placed. That is approximately the antithesis of my approach. I didn't even bother to pin it in some places cause the wool stretched and held so well. I can't tell if this casual approach (to everything) is my downfall (my creations are never perfect) or my saving grace (what's the point in obsessing?).




This is going to be a loooooong sweater. I do have a loooooong torso and have eternal difficulties finding tank tops that fit (thank you, American Apparel, for cutting your tanks long. I love you). However, I might have overdone it on the length. The length of the body, excluding the armscye, is 18 inches long. My torso is not (thank God) 18 inches long from my underarm. This may be more of a tunic than a sweater. I'm counting on some of the length being shortened when I sew it together and put it on, but as I don't have large breasts this may be wishful thinking. We'll just have to see.

1 Comments:

  • Your sweater will be lovely. Hopefully mine will be also (when I finally finish!).

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home