Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Blisters

I am an avid shoe-lover. I don't have the high-heel-wearing ability of Carrie Bradshaw, nor her budget, so I don't exactly parade around town in Manolos. However, I looooove shoes. I was also cursed with flat feet and no money, the result of which equals a lot of cheap shoes bought from Payless. The shoes get worn a couple of times, and then sit at the back of my closet where I stuff them after one too many blisters, unable to look at them without wincing at the memory of pain.

I am so goddamn sick of blisters and cuts and general foot pain. My feet need a break! I walk all over the place, at least 40 minutes a day, and I can't physically afford to keep destroying my feet by wearing poorly constructed unsupportive shoes. Like an good-for-nothing boyfriend, these shoes let me down and hurt me.

At the risk of being branded a walking fashion faux pas, I have decided to invest in some extremely comfortable, very supportive, yet sartorially reviled, shoes: Enter the Danskos. I figure that with a little persistence and a willingness to spend a bit of money, I can find a pair of decently attractive, relatively comfortable Danskos that will not force me into early cute-shoe-retirement.

4 Comments:

  • I'm not going to let you.

    the soles on those sandals scream trailer trash.

    chunky? faux wood?

    however, i am sure you can find a decent pair of attractive sandals. i think there's a few stores in the eaton's centre (and i am sure around toronto) that cater to comfy shoes.

    if not, you can always get those 'crocs' (http://www.crocs.com/home.jsp)

    By Blogger al, at 2:29 PM  

  • okay, after further consideration, i saw some really cute shoes.

    sorry, i often jump the gun.

    i'm so quick to judge.

    By Blogger al, at 2:31 PM  

  • Yes! Danskos are the best! They're super comfy and they're making cuter ones these days.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 3:29 PM  

  • WAIT did you say attractive and Danskos in the same sentence! No way! You can spend the same $$ on Danskos as you can on a pair of shoes that are comfortable AND cute!!!! I mean come one DANSKOS WE'RE NOT THAT OLD NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Aundra, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home