Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Random thought

Number of hot guys I have seen today: 1 2*
Number of same hot guys that were wearing a wedding ring: 1

Why does it seem that guys roughly my age are either married/in what I like to call "epic relationships," or are eternal bachelors? I mean, where is that happy middle ground of being interested in actual adult relationships but not currently being in them?

I joke about how I'll just wait for the married guys to get divorced and begin Round 2, the divorce rate being what it is (especially with people who get married before the age of 25), but I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with someone who'd previously been married. That may change as I get older, as many of my previously-held convictions already have as I've matured. But for now, I think that people who have been married and divorced by the time they're 30 were fooling themselves about their feelings for the other person. Obviously. And do I really want to be with someone who can't be honest with himself? Particularly about something as important as marriage?

*See comments below.

2 Comments:

  • Hey,
    I resent the above implication. As you have clearly seen me today, and I have no wedding band (that I am aware of), the only conclusion is that you do not think that I am hot. As my mother will tell you that is entirely untrue. If you're not going to tell the truth on you blog, I will just have to stop reading.
    Harumph!
    Mike

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • Um... ok, fine, I'll have to revise the above post, as I would not want Mike's mother to think I was insulting her little boy. Wow, that was emasculating, huh?

    By Blogger Tasha, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home