Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Friday, June 23, 2006

Q: How many librarians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: How the hell should I know?

Greetings from the ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans!

I arrived here yesterday to find that my roommate and I had been reassigned to a different hotel without our knowledge. Fabulous. However, it all worked out ok. Those of you who have listened to my whiny questions about how a girl from Texas could possibly be cool will be pleased to know that Lilly turned out to be quite excellent. There are cool Texans, after all. She's a vegetarian, which makes her more progressive than I, and her politics are liberal. Excellent. She's an experienced conference attendee, so she's making sure I get the full experience. Gotta love that!

So today I'm working for four hours, helping to set up the ALA-Public Programs Office's booth. Then for the next three days I'll be answering questions about public programs, I suppose. Which will be interesting, considering that I know nothing about public programs. Anyway, I expect it'll resolve itself in the end.

It turns out that we were supposed to wear business casual clothing for this volunteer thing. I guess I was only reading the emails that contained money and hotel information, because all I brought was jeans, tank tops, and one skirt. I figured I would pack for a southern city in the summer, not a job interview. So after my shift today, Lilly and I are going shopping to get me a pair of decent black pants, cause it's probably not kosh for me to wear the same white skirt three days in a row. (Take note, however, that if it was ok I would do it.)

Other than that, the only thing I have to report is that it is damn humid here. I am so glad I no longer live in Miami, cause honestly I think my humidity days are over. (Don't even bother trying to convince me that the humidity in Toronto will kill me, cause I'm pretty sure that no matter how humid Toronto gets, it doesn't have like 8 months of it.)

Pictures tomorrow, darlings.

1 Comments:

  • Mostly you can't wear the same white skirt three days in a row because it wouldn't be white for that long. If you see a tallish women with redish brown hair from California named Ann, kick her in the shins for me... :)

    By Blogger Aundra, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home