Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ok, so I might have been a bit hasty with my World Cup rant. Apparently, the variously-lingual Omni stations will be broadcasting the games and we get one of the channels, so I might be able to see some of the Cup. But whatever, I still say kudos to the American broadcaster ABC for showing 10 of the games to cable- and satellite-free viewers.

Speaking of sports, how about the Stanley Cup? Last night's game was so close; I was definitely on the edge of my seat until the bitter end. I was pretty sure the game would go into overtime but somehow Carolina pulled off a 5-0 sweep at the last minute. Sarcasm, people.




Awwww. That's me and Lorien, smiling for another picture on another camera at a party on Tuesday night. We're devil worshippers, so we wanted to celebrate 666. Or it was Lorien's friend Alicia's birthday. It was fun. I met a bunch of new people and heard some funny stories about sailors with the clap from a guy who looked remarkably like my friend Alli's boyfriend.


And last but not least, I present you with the progress so far on the Pistachio Aran:





This has to be one of the most satisfying things to knit. I complete one repeat of the Framed Cable (center) at a time, and the knitting is interesting and varied. Soooo much better than stockinette!

2 Comments:

  • Dude, I had a great time worshipping with you on Tuesday. And yes, the hockey game totally sucked last night. I am pissed off.

    I am impressed with your sweater progress; it looks most excellent. Now I have to go frog my sweater and start over. Ribbit, ribbit. Poor me. You will be done your sweater before I've even figured out my pattern! I had better have it right this time.

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 5:42 PM  

  • good work. It looks beautiful

    By Blogger Aundra, at 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home