Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bourbon Street and beignets

On Monday night, Lilly and I went to Pat O'Brien's to try their famous Hurricane (4 oz rum, 4 oz some crazy red punch-like liquid).

Unfortunately, there are no pictures of Hurricane Lilly, so these are mostly of me.

It's legal to drink on the streets of New Orleans (or at least in the French Quarter), so we took our beverages and headed to Bourbon Street.


Even on a Monday night, there were plenty of drinkers out seeing and being seen, and even the balconies were full of guys trying to find girls who really wanted beads. Bourbon Street is bars and strip clubs, as evident from the signs.



After we tired of the frat house-style shenanigans (how much do you love that word?) we headed to Cafe du Monde for my last round of beignets before heading out on Tuesday morning.


Oh, fried pillows of dough on a bed of powdered sugar, how I do love thee.

3 Comments:

  • i am really jealous of you. this trip looks SO fun and beignets are delicious.

    By Blogger McGeekan, at 9:26 AM  

  • I love the double fisting pic!

    By Blogger Aundra, at 9:30 PM  

  • Looks like you had a blast! And I'm with you on the beignets. There's a place in Houston called Crescent City Beignets and I miss it sooo.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home