Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Spring has sprung!

I could post a picture of my Hot Lava progress, but since it's just more sleeve, I think I'll show some images of my neighborhood. Well, my neighborhood flowers, anyway. People in the Annex seem to put a lot of energy and effort into their gardens and the effort is really worth it, as you can see. Everywhere you look there are splashes of color!







In other news, I have decided to get a cat. I have put this off for many years because I never know where I'm going to be next, but I'm freakin' sick of it. I'm practically 25 (on Saturday--happy birfday to me!) and I'm tired of putting the cool things off cause I don't know what my next move is going to be. So I'm going to get a cat (I have one in mind and I'm going to try to get to the Toronto Humane Society tomorrow to visit him, even though I'm going out of town on Friday--his name will be Ezekiel Photon and I'll call him Zeke for short) and when I return from Turkey I'm going to get an Ontario driver's license (licence to you Canadians). I don't live in Miami anymore, I'm not 18 anymore, and it's time I allowed my life to just do what it's going to do. That makes no sense. I guess I mean that maybe I feel like I always live with one foot in the city that I live in and one foot in Miami. My "permanent" residence is there, I've never had anything but a Florida driver's license, despite having only lived there for one year since I turned 18, and I've always felt like I could go back home if I needed to. But I HATE Miami. I mean, if my parents didn't live there I would see no reason to ever return, so maybe it's time that I start actually moving my life out of there. Like, putting down roots here if I want, and not referring to Miami as "home," since it's really not and hasn't been for a long, long time. Ugh. It felt good to get that out. Now I'm off for my incredibly mature and responsible dinner of grilled cheese sammy and beer.

7 Comments:

  • Dude, there is nothing wrong with grilled cheese and beer. All I've had for dinner so far is pb&j and a chocolate bar. Pathetic.
    Those are some nice pictures...very impressive. I love our pretty neighbourhood!
    I am very excited to visit Ezekiel Photon tomorrow. It will be so nice to have a cat around again. And then maybe Sam can come back to TO since he will have a friend.
    If you're going to start putting down roots, you could start by spelling things properly. Like neighbOUrhood. Yeah,that's right, I said it.

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 9:22 PM  

  • Look, Lorien. It will always be "neighborhood," "color," "license," and "center/theater/etc." Just get used to it! My fingers can't even type the "u" in neighborhood. See, they just can't do it. Dude get a blog already... What about Knitting with Ezekiel Photon?

    By Blogger Tasha, at 10:37 PM  

  • Your shirt... well your shirt didn't come, and i havn't found the website again. I'm also short on time and haven't been able to work on your second part of your present. I'm working on it... ugh

    By Blogger Aundra, at 12:51 AM  

  • Happy Pre-Birthday! Will the cat be your present to yourself? That would be a good one. And if you get a Toronto license, does that mean you are almost a citizen of Canada?

    By Blogger McGeekan, at 9:26 AM  

  • second person in one day who has mentionned finding "home" in the place outside of where their parents live. or where they are from...is it part of growing up?

    i think its very brave to live entirely in the moment at the moment. someday i'll take a page from your book.

    By Blogger al, at 12:56 PM  

  • whoa wait a minute. i am entirely incapable of living in the moment. when i was a child, my question was always, "what's next?" so it's just part of my personality to look to the future for whatever the present is unable to provide (and it's always something). i am just going to try to cut off my ties to miami/portland/anywhere else i could be other than here.

    and yes, i suppose the cat will be a 25th birthday/quarter of a century old present to myself.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 3:10 PM  

  • well, at least you aren't living in the past.

    By Blogger al, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home