Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Plants and yarn

Here's the basil as of yesterday:














Look at these goddamn beans! Keep in mind that this picture of the beans was taken three days after the last picture.
They're growing like mad.















And here are my flowers. Not as exciting as the beans, I guess, but it's cool cause there are so many different kinds.














Finally, this is the green Corriedale yarn spun from a batt of Grafton Fibers' wool.


This fiber was easy to spin. The only problem that I had with it is that during plying, it tended to break easily if I wasn't really careful. I had to make sure I didn't pull on it too hard to unwind it from the bobbin on the lazy kate. However, that could have been a deficiency in my spinning, not in the fiber itself. What I love about Grafton Fibers' fibers is that they are colorful but they're not stripy. Because the batts are dyed and then carded, the mix of colors is more harmonious than with dyed roving. I've spun some beautiful dyed roving but I get kind of tired of stripes in my knitting. Anyway, that's pretty much all I have to show for my week of non-schoolness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home