Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm back, bitches!

I'm pretty sure that being done with school is the best thing ever. This week was hell: I had a 20-page paper due on Monday, a take-home final that included a 10-page paper due on Wednesday, and another 20-page paper due yesterday. Of course, due to my own procrastinatory nature, work, and other assignments due for school, I had to play catch up in a major way. I stayed up until 5 on Wednesday night (Thursday morning?) to finish my most heinous assignment, a research proposal. Keep in mind that I have never wanted, nor do I now want, to conduct research. The only kind of experiments I enjoy are the ones where I try to see how much I can drink before passing out, or how much knitting I can do before my fingers hurt. So basically, writing a research proposal was an exercise in two things: one, torture and two, futility. Not to mention that the subject, satisfaction of graduates with their education in archives, does not interest me in the least.

When I finally finished and returned home from work yesterday, the sun was shining, the air was cool, and all was well in the world, and I decided to put my plants on the deck and commune with them. (Whatever. I think that watching plants grow is one of the coolest things ever and if that brands me as some kind of dork, so be it.) This is what Tasha communing with plants in the sun looks like:















Yeah, it's pretty much as enjoyable as it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home