Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I <3 the internet

I mean, I really, really love the internet. I love how it is the most colossal waste of time and how you can find anything on it. If it doesn't exist in cyberspace, it doesn't exist. I love how I check my email and my blog and my friends' blogs like 10 times a day. I love that I can find bitchy editorials about celebrity news (see The Superficial and Go Fug Yourself; they're a couple of my favorites). I love that there are knitting patterns galore--everything from the fug of fun fur to the beauty of Fair Isle and Bohus stickning. When something goes wrong with my wireless connection and I am temporarily cut off from the life source, I feel bereft. I know that's ridiculous and so Privileged Child, but whatever man, I LOVE THE INTERNET.

The reason for my renewed enthusiasm is this website. I am not a huge music freak but I definitely like finding out about new music. I listen to my iPod mini a lot (another device for which I feel great love), particularly when walking around the city. Alli told me about Pandora and it's seriously so cool. You just type in the name of a band that you like and they stream a "station" of songs by artists that have similar qualities to the band you requested. You can tell them if you like their selections or not. Check it out!

4 Comments:

  • I love Go Fug Yourself! It is too funny. I am in love with pinkisthenewblog.com as well - it's sad that I don't go a day without reading it. But it keeps Doron happy because I don't watch the "E" network now. Oh the celeb goss....it keeps the world going round. Seriously fucked up but so true.

    By Anonymous Ninon, at 11:15 PM  

  • Pandora is really cool. I am SO pleased with it...tons of free music...for everyone! (well, actually, only Americans and their roommates...)

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 3:56 AM  

  • Now i know what that <3 means. Yes i'm slow some times. But i do feel you with that whole life line is the internet thing.

    By Blogger Aundra, at 10:43 AM  

  • pandora is the most splendid website ever.

    By Blogger McGeekan, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home