Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Distractions...

I should totally be thinking about school right now (and by "thinking about," I mean "working on"), but I find myself distracted by the thought of making cool shit. I have a dilemma though.

Should I make this dress: out of this fabric?

Or, should I make a mock-up of the Simplicity top that is another view of the above dress and if you click on the link it's the sleeveless red top in the right-hand corner
(I had a picture but Blogger's not cooperating. Why do I feel as if I've been writing that a lot lately?)

in this fabric: (plain old blue linen)

as a trial run for this fabric? (fabulous blue/pink silk)

6 Comments:

  • can you make the dress (which looks lovely, by the way) out of the pink/blue silk? what that one of the questions?

    i got confused.

    By Blogger al, at 6:30 PM  

  • no, alli, that was not one of the questions. go back and do your homework!

    i can't make the dress out of the silk cause i don't have enough of it. i have tons of the blue floral stuff and need a project that'll use up a bunch of it.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 9:54 PM  

  • I think you should do something with the silk, although the dress in the flower pattern would be really cute and summery.
    Have you considered using the silk to make a cropped blazer (you could line it with the linen) or asian-inspired top? I don't know if those would be too difficult but I think they'd be cool.

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 9:41 PM  

  • I don't know if my sewing skills are that advanced, friend. I really like the silk and I don't want to fuck it up so I should probably stick to something that's more basic than a blazer. Blazers are for free fabric that my aunt gives me (corduroy).

    By Blogger Tasha, at 9:45 PM  

  • Ok, then go for the shirt. It's structured enough to look good in silk. However, I really don't know which you should do...you should do both! Ok, I actually think you should do the dress 'cuz it would be really cute for summer, you don't seem to have many dresses, and you just made a top so you might want some variation. Besides, you'll end up making both anyways, especially since you'll have way more time when school's over (I am so excited!).

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 3:59 AM  

  • I don't know if your a little blue flora type of women... but I say what keeps you from your work is all good!

    By Blogger Aundra, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home