Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Beans, beans, they're good for your heart...


How is it possible that these things are sprouts? I planted 4 beans in this little pot, and when the soil started to get pushed up by the sprouts, I got a little worried. How big are they gonna get? They're going all Jack and the Giant Beanstalk on me.



From time to time, I check out Craftster's forum to see what people are making. It's a really cool site, for anyone who's interested in any kind of crafts, from knitting and spinning to scrapbooking and jewelery making. Anyway, I was browsing through the posts about finished articles of clothing, and found this really cool dress. The girl who made it got the fabric from Goodwill and the pattern from the dump. How cool is that? I love it when people re-use things that would otherwise be thrown away. I am the daughter of the original dumpster diver--I love hearing stories about how my mom used to drag tons of crap home on garbage day. Although, honestly, it's pretty embarrassing when you can't take a walk around the block without your mom going through your neighbors' recycling. And I have to admit that when I was in elementary school, I used to give my teachers flowers that I got with my mom and my brother when we would climb into the dumpsters at the flower shop down the street. I absolutely cringe to think about it now, those teachers at stupid rich Pinecrest Elementary School receiving flowers from the dumpster. But whatever man, there was nothing wrong with them.

PS--My roommate totally just changed her underwear in front of me. That was an interesting moment.

1 Comments:

  • That's so cool that you gave your teachers garbage flowers! By the way, I'm sorry about stripping in front of you; I didn't realize what I was doing until I was in the middle of doing it!

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home