Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Things boys need to know about girls

1. If I am cool enough to hit on you and give you my number (which clearly I am) and you are cool enough to call me and set up a date, you MUST give me more than two hours' notice. And even though we talked on Tuesday and said that we'd go out "around 8 or 9" on Thursday, you STILL have to call me and give me two hours' notice. Why? Because...

2. I am SO not going to take a shower until you call, and it takes at least an hour from the time I get in the shower to the time that I'm ready to go--at which point you're about to write me off as "too high maintenance" (which, let me assure you, I am not).

3. Even if I do give in and take a shower before you call, I am obviously not going to get dressed (even though I've known for two days what I'm going to wear: my cool black t-shirt with the skulls on it to show you that, despite me being four years older and therefore at least four times cooler than you, I am not too uptight for you; tight jeans to show off my assets; and cute black boots instead of trainers cause I don't want to look too Hot Topic high school goth).

4. Because I was so fucking ballsy last week when I asked you your name and gave you my number, you are SO NOT ALLOWED to ruin the high that I've been riding on for days by being too fucking lazy to call me at a proper time to confirm our date.

5. Just cause Thursday is considered the beginning of the weekend for students, and it is Thursday and I am a student, does not mean that I don't have to go to work tomorrow and be alert--so if you call me at 10 tonight to hang out, the answer is no.

10 Comments:

  • And he called...right at 9 like you predicted. Stupid boy. I hope he's a good kisser.

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 9:47 PM  

  • did she go out then? or not?

    i am so confused.

    (fingers crossed that it was a fun time!)

    By Blogger al, at 10:25 PM  

  • Oh if only boys thought the same way we did... oh wait god no who the hell would want to live in a world full of worrying, over thinking, moody, hormonal... ah.... well, i guess someone's got to care though. Ahhh, the balance of nature, the ying yang. Okay i'm done.
    oh wait no, Tasha i know he fell for you!

    By Blogger Aundra, at 11:20 PM  

  • WAIT WAIT AGAIN, DID YOU MISS THE OC TO GO ON THIS DATE!!!! The OC is like your meca of TV shows. Maybe it's on at a different time up there in that wild Canada. Or you still haven't caught up to this season (i'm guessing the later).
    Aundra

    By Blogger Aundra, at 12:05 AM  

  • Tasha missed the OC to get ready for her date and, more importantly, she made ME miss some of it too! (I had to flatiron her hair...how nice am I?) But really, it's much more exciting to go on your own date than to watch people on TV go on dates.
    Apparently Tasha had a wonderful time as she woke me up an hour before my alarm (!) this morning to talk about it and...she has a hicky! AAAAHHHHH!
    Anyways, I'm sure she'll blog about it in endless detail at work.

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 11:08 AM  

  • i hope when you say that you won't go out if he called after 10 that is just you trying to act tough. go out and give single girls everywhere (ahem) a bit of hope!

    By Blogger McGeekan, at 11:52 AM  

  • he called at 9 so i graced him with my presence. but if he had called at 10 i probably wouldn't have gone cause i had to be at work today.

    however, we had an excellent time and i'm very glad he called and i went.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 3:13 PM  

  • Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA - clearly we haven't talked in a while. What happened to George? It was George wasn't it?

    By Blogger Kristen, at 6:23 PM  

  • woman, i think you need to email me.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 6:52 PM  

  • i'll catch up at knitting tomorrow.

    yep, i'm knitting.

    By Blogger al, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home