Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Thursday, March 02, 2006

oh dear god the pain

Things I learned today:

1. I am a total fucking wimp. I went to an ABT class (abs, butt, and thighs) this afternoon and I'm pretty sure that the phrase "It kicked my ass" is a complete understatement. There were lunges. And squats. And more lunges. And then there were these leg kick things that I hope to never experience again. My legs were shaking so bad by the end (and by "the end" I mean "10 minutes into it")--but I've decided that if it gives me sexy thighs I'll do it once a week until skirt season.

2. I enjoy living in my own little world of delusion--if I want to believe that I'm in shape, there's nothing stopping me as long as my most strenuous exercise includes lifting the wine glass to my lips.

3. I HATE taking out garbage. Yet still I do it.

4. I am pretty bad at statistics but my roommate is pretty good. Hence the 2 + hours that I spent totally confusing myself about various statistics-related crap and the 30 minutes she spent totally clearing it up AND giving me a bunch of shortcuts.

5. Thursday is one of my favorite days. It's an even. And it's pretty close to the weekend but it's not the actual weekend so there's the buzz of anticipation.

I have now knit 20 rows on my sweater. Maybe, if you're very lucky, I'll post a picture before quiz/work tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • Oh I wish I had a roommate that could help me with stats. I'm totally clueless and I failed that quiz today. But I don't care. The person who sat next to me obviously cared; he had gone out and bought that Excel Stats for Dummies book (even though the test doesn't involve Excel at all).

    Oh and I'm not a scientist but I imagine the reason why yoga is so brutal is because it uses muscles we're not used to using. Maybe.

    By Blogger Bela, at 12:02 AM  

  • I want to see the sweater!!

    I totally messed up on the hood to D's sweater yesterday. I think I did the wrong kind of decrease, because it ended up decreasing in the wrong direction. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr times a million.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 11:42 AM  

  • Dude i feel your leg pain. It was leg day yesterday at the gym for me. Scott had me doing squats with 80lb weight. And what's scary was it wasn't hard, just akwardly heavy. But my ass is a bit soar today yet i'm all dressed to run (but as you can see i'm not doing it yet). It's 10:30am and I still have to brush my teeth and find a bra... okay so i'm not all dressed... this is getting to be too much info. How was the abs part of your ABT? That's what always really gets me... for some reson i have trouble breathing after i've done a set. Happy Work Outs!

    By Blogger Aundra, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home