Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I spin you right round

Last night, I took a break from doing homework (when I mention doing homework on my blog, you can safely assume that I'm lying unless I provide specifics. I was totally watching The OC.) to spin some of the huge amounts of wool that I've accumulated in the past few months (and by months I mean years).

I turned this:


Into this:


I bought 3 batts of Corriedale fibers from here in colorways "definitely 236" and "the rest I forget." Anyway, they're all various shades of green, even though blue is my favorite color. One of them is for my aunt, the one I'm currently spinning is for a sweater or some kind of garment, and the other I just thought was too pretty to pass up.

I also have about 50 rows of my sweater knitted but I didn't take pictures cause I need to go do some archives homework (see what I mean? I was specific there, so I'm not lying; however, if I'd simply said that I need to go do homework, that would have most likely meant that I was going to go watch tv.).

4 Comments:

  • Wowww...the first 2 pictures make me want to roll around in that wool naked.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 11:12 AM  

  • Wow that think has some of the most beautiful fiber EVER!!! God, makes me want to buy some, but than i think about all the wool i have sitting in my cubbord... and i should spin that first.... but i am worried i have forgotten how to ply.... i'm sure it will all come back to me... like riding a bike right???

    By Blogger Aundra, at 7:35 PM  

  • totally like riding a bike. i mean, it's not like i spin that much either, and i haven't forgotten anything. i think.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 8:21 PM  

  • SO, as I mentioned yesterday, I am going to order some of that fabulous shit and you are going to slave away spinning it for me...and then I will knit a garment. Yes yes. Spin away! (SO beautiful...)

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home