Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Green top




Last Sunday I was working on the green top that I was sewing and I got really angry at it. Nothing was working out. In fact, last Sunday was kind of a crappy day in general and nothing really worked out. I decided to leave it alone for a while cause when I get mad at things I can't be nice to them. Soooo today I finished it! Finally. I've been trying to upload photos of it but Blogger is being a jerk.

Instead, I will tell you about my wonderful Sunday. First of all, the weather is beautiful--blue sky, fairly warm, very sunny. Lorien, Dave, and I walked down to Kensington, stopping first at Book City so I could buy He's Just Not That Into You. Did I just hear a collective groan at the title? I so don't care, because I think that the idea behind the book is fabulous--why waste your time on guys who just don't like you as much as they could. Or should. And Lorien bought Around the World in 80 Dates which I can't wait to read as well. After Book City we headed down to Kensington, where we just wandered around and went into various shops. We went into Lettuce Knit which is a very very dangerous store. I might have bought a book there as well. I look at it as an investment in my knitting skills and my knitting sanity. It's called The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns and it has different designs (raglan, drop-sleeve, cardigans, etc) in different gauges and sizes. It's a good resource for the budding designer.

Ok well Blogger still won't let me post pictures, but I'll try again later and you can always go to my FOs and WIPs link to see it.

3 Comments:

  • I love that shirt. SO cool that you did that. And why did you buy a book? I'll gladly send you books.

    I've never heard of Around the World in 80 Dates. But I have He's Just Not That Into You, It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken and It's Not You, It's Him. No shame.

    By Blogger McGeekan, at 7:09 PM  

  • Apparently Around the World in 80 Dates is supposed to be pretty entertaining and insightful. i'll definitely be posting about it in the future!

    one of my biggest coups at the bookstore i worked at was scoring It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken in galley form. i immediately sent it to my best friend in California under the condition that she send it back to me if i ever needed it.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 7:41 PM  

  • When do i get the update on the "man" who spured the purchace of the book?

    By Blogger Aundra, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home