Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Stitchin' Bitch

I had to work all day yesterday, which is when I discovered that I have a cold. It's not debilitating or anything, but it is annoying and it has resulted in a perma-headache of the tension variety.

Anyway, I could have gone out last night but I felt crappy so I decided against it. All I wanted was food that I didn't have to cook and a good OC sesh (thanks, Limewire!). In between, however, I decided to work on a top that I'm sewing.

I tried to sew a top last summer and it was horrendous. The top, I mean. It was a huge pain in the ass and it didn't fit and I hated it. But this one has been different, so far. Probably cause I chose a much easier pattern with fewer pieces, and the fabric that I'm using is plain old cotton, or maybe--and I like to think that this is true, too--my sewing skills have improved. I have the upper half of the top finished with the exception of the armhole facings and I wanted to show it off. So without further ado, here it is:















And here is a close-up of the pattern:











Well, that's all I got. Life isn't that exciting and yeah, I did spend Saturday night with my sewing machine. Here's to hoping the title of this blog isn't true!

4 Comments:

  • That is so cute, woman!!

    Are you participating in the knitting olympics? I'm attempting a sweater for the Drakester...I'm a little freaked out!

    By Blogger Kristen, at 10:36 AM  

  • woman
    no i'm not a knitting olympian. i always have so many projects going that starting a new one didn't make sense.

    what kind of sweater are you making for drake? is it from snb?
    tasha

    By Blogger Tasha, at 4:13 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Tasha, at 4:13 PM  

  • The sweater is actually from a magazine..I think it's a knitting edition of Family Circle or some crap. But it's really cute. I just had to frog some of it yesterday because it was totally the wrong gauge...ughhhh.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home