Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Say it with me now: "I hate Research Methods"!

Actually, I don't hate Research Methods. I think it's pretty interesting, to be honest, and I feel like I'm learning quite a bit. Plus, it appeals to my critical side. (Yeah, I know, I'm composed entirely of "critical side.") However, writing this paper is a PITA. If I write the word "researchers" one more time I might kill myself. I feel like I've been working on this thing for weeks. [For those of you not in the know, the assignment is to write a 10-12 page 1.5-space paper critiquing a published research article. (1.5 spaced! WTF? Good thing I didn't find that out until last night when I thought I had 8 pages written and it turned out I only had 6. Not to mention that I've been typing assignments double-space since, like, 9th grade.) Turns out the research articles we had to choose from are full of holes. Lots to write about. Joy and happiness, indeed.]

Anyhoo, my procrastination moment must end posthaste if I want to finish this thing tonight. Which I do. Because I have to. And then tomorrow I'm going to go get drunk at Pub Night. Word!

4 Comments:

  • i will give you fifty dollars to switch your paper with mine.

    By Blogger al, at 10:23 PM  

  • yeah right... not worth it. i don't even know what i'm writing anymore. are you really answering all of these questions? i don't know the answers to them, this article is so fucked up!

    By Blogger Tasha, at 10:47 PM  

  • OMG I had to take research methods for psych at LC and it was my least favorite class EVER. It sucked balls.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 12:36 PM  

  • I finished that paper at 4 AM. I barely revised it. I skimmed it when I was done and sent it in. Bah. Then I went to bed and got up four hours later for work (and also the stats tutorial where I, no doubt, failed the quiz). I honestly tried to work on it earlier, but this paper was so unbelievably boring and unstimulating that I couldn't even look at it for more than five minutes at a time. I barely answered the questions. I mostly just rambled. I had nothing nice to say about "the researchers," either. Is that bad? But come on, a response rate of 18 percent and you're trying to pass your conclusions off as anything but inconclusive? Pfft.

    Anyway, so glad it's over. Gosh, I think I hate that class more than I hate Social Contexts!

    By Blogger Bela, at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home