Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Friday, February 10, 2006

New toys

Now that I have a moment to breathe after the insanity of this week, I can show off my new toys and what I can do with them. On Tuesday, a fabulous package arrived in the mail for me, courtesy of George.

Here is my new ball winder (l) and yarn swift (r):















And together, this is what they achieved last night:





















This yarn is soooo pretty. It reminds me of the ocean in Miami, which is why I chose it. I had decided to make a lacey scarf with it, but here's the thing--I'm not that into scarves. They're ok, but after knitting lots of long rectangles, I feel the need to graduate to something a bit more complicated. I'm more interested in making sweaters at this point than scarves, and I found a really cool sweater pattern in Loop-d-Loop that I would like to make. As with most of Teva Durham's designs, it is certainly original. Some of her stuff is a bit too quirky for me but I can take the bad because the good is usually really good, as it is with the Cashmere Lace Blouse that I'm going to attempt. I'm going to try it with the blue yarn and see what I get.

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you got the new toys. I'm just sad you don't live closer so i can use your fun winding toys!
    Aundra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home