Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Random thoughts

So on Friday I had my first pilates class. I am not normally the workout type, but lately I've been going to the gym, and at the beginning of this semester I got the brilliant idea to try pilates and yoga. I took yoga once in college and HATED it. It was 2 hours on Thursday night and I couldn't stand it. However, I am hoping that I have gained some patience and wisdom in the intervening years and am ready to embrace it. Anyway, in my pilates class we focused mostly on breathing and doing very basic ab stretches, and I was surprised by how hard it was to just breathe. I mean, obviously breathing is something I take for granted since I don't even need to tell my body to do it, but it was hard to breathe in the pilates way and to do exercises, sort of like patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time. So we'll see how it goes.

My roommate has started knitting and for Christmas she was making her mom a shawl/stole using this really soft handspun wool. She finished it today and was blocking it when I got home from work and I got to see the magic! "Magic" in my world isn't the Harry Potter variety, it's the steaming-and-thereby-setting-a-piece-of-knitting variety. Anyway, it was really cool. The girl has been knitting for like five minutes and she's already doing lace.

The first picture shows the color better than the second, and the second picture shows the pattern.

2 Comments:

  • Wow, that's incredible. Lace! It's really beautiful.

    By Blogger Bela, at 8:09 PM  

  • Thankyou Tasha and Annabella...I am very proud of myself! It was the first time I got to see the "Magic" and it was wonderful. I sent it off to my Mommy yesterday and I hope she likes it.

    By Anonymous Lorien, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home