Paste it in the head!

Spinster

Sunday, January 15, 2006

How big is your footprint?

I read an article in the Globe and Mail today about the Gulf Stream weakening due to global warming, and about the climatic changes that are beginning to take place around the world. I remembered having taken an online quiz at one point about my ecological footprint, and I revisited the site. Now, I consider myself to have a fairly low-impact lifestyle--I don't own a car anymore, I walk just about everywhere or I take public transportation, I don't eat a lot of meat, I recycle. Apparently, though, according to myfootprint.org, if everyone lived the way I do, we would need 4.3 Earths to support that lifestyle. Obviously, this quiz doesn't taken into account every aspect of my lifestyle, and I still consider it to be low-impact--but maybe low-impact in comparison with the way other North Americans (particularly Americans) live.
Anyway, just a thought!

3 Comments:

  • okay, i got 4.4. and i also consider myself fairly easy on the environment. ie) no driving, recycling everything i can, not running the water while i brush my teeth, reusing milk bags, etc. (thanks mom!) ouch. and i know that there are soooo many worse people out there than me. which means, we're screwed. which means, let's stop worrying about the environment! (just kidding, mostly)

    By Blogger al, at 7:18 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger al, at 7:18 PM  

  • Nice blog.
    Those tentacles freak me out though.
    They remind me of crazy japanese anime gone wrong.

    Word.
    I guess i'll see you in class.
    Oh, and if by chance you have read my blog, don't worry I'm not insane.
    Not yet anyways.

    Neil

    By Blogger Neil, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home